Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Solidarity demo for Julian Assange outside the Ecuadorian Embassy, 19 June




19 June 2014 was the second anniversary of the unnecessary 'incarceration' inside the Ecuadorian Embassy in London of Julian Assange. He is the founder of Wikileaks and a great crusader for freedom.

I and a goodly number of other people gathered outside the embassy near Knightsbridge to show our support for Julian and our dismay at the UK government's failure to give Julian safe passage to a country where he can access better asylum conditions, eg. Ecuador. At present he is confined to one room.

Although we are all enormously grateful to the generosity of the Ecuadorian government, two years in one room is very trying to say the least. I would like those readers of my blog who are outraged at the behaviour of the governments of the UK, Sweden and the USA to show solidarity with Julian and with Wikileaks. The most direct way to do this is to donate to Wikileaks through this link:
https://shop.wikileaks.org/donate



Here is a link to the photos taken on the day by my new chums.


https://www.flickr.com/photos/hova/sets/72157645301155384/

You can be a chum of mine and I would welcome you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home