Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Monday, May 12, 2014

AUMF

 
You might not know what AUMF means, but if you listen to this podcast you will be informed. Radiolab is a public radio service in the USA which normally deals with science stories, but this item tells you what happened in the days immediately following 9/11 and how the legislation that was rushed through has been used to justify all sorts of interventions ever since. 
 
If you're impatient, I'll tell you that AUMF means Authorised Use of Military Force, which are four words from a sixty word US policy which has 'justified' nearly everything since 11 September 2001. 
 

This link should start it automatically: http://www.radiolab.org/audio/m3u/364447/
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home