Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

2012 Right Livelihood Award

I meant to publish this post some time ago but overlooked doing so until today. I want to draw attention to the 2012 Right Livelihood Award which was given to the Campaign Against the Arms Trade (CAAT) and and three other worthy recipients.

Here is the link to the CAAT website itself: http://www.caat.org.uk/

It was good to see CAAT, of which I am a supporter, honoured in this way. This award was in stark contrast to the so-called Nobel Peace Prize awarded every year to some disgusting person or organisation. In December 2012, this curiously named award (nothing like what Alfred Nobel intended) was awarded to the European Union in a sick-making ceremony attended by many of the world's worst warmongers and exploiters.

Here is the link to the press release from CAAT: http://www.caat.org.uk/press/press-release.php?url=20121206prs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home