Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Two Recent Social Outings

I'm sorry but I rarely make postings these days because of other commitments. However, I would like to talk about two social outings I have had lately. The first was on 27 June 2008 when I attended an explanatory visit to Whitehawk Hill in Brighton which is one of the earliest archaeological sites in England. This site has been somewhat neglected by Brighton but there is a concerted effort now being made to protect it and make the public more aware of it. This event was attended by LAF members and councillors. On 28 June 2008 I attended an outing organised by City Synergy (a social group for blind people in Brighton and Hove) to Hollingbury Hill Fort in north Brighton. We were given a very interesting tour and explanation by John Funnell, secretary of Brighton and Hove archaeological society to whom we are indebted. You can see two pictures from Whitehawk and sixteen from Hollingbury on my Flickr photo gallery. This is the link http: www.flickr.com/photos/hova/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home