Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Picnic in Hove Park

In recent months I have enjoyed some social outings with City Synergy which is a social club for visually-impaired people in Brighton and Hove. These outings are always well conducted. On Sunday, 26 July 2008 the social consisted of a picnic in Hove Park. I did not find it too strenuous as I spent most of the picnic lying on my back in the shade of a large tree! It was a very sunny warm day and the shade was appreciated. After our picnic we visited the children's steam railway in the north end of the Park. This can carry about 5 passengers and the locomotive is about a metre long and fired by real coal and from time to time emitting satisfying blasts of steam. An evocative smell of coal hung over the tiny station of Hove Park North.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home