Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Latest news on 'cure' for Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)

Those of us with RP know that from time to time we hear about cures for it. I remind readers that Usher Syndrome is a variant of RP whereby the retinal problem is associated with a hearing loss which may be very serious (Type 1) or less serious (Type 2). Sooner or later RP will be defeated but probably not in my lifetime. The latest advance seems to be taking place at the University of Southern California in the USA. This was covered by the BBC News website on Friday, 16 February 2007 which can be seen here. Links: Read more about RP at Wikipedia click here The British Retinitis Pigmentosa Society (BRPS)

3 Comments:

Blogger anushka said...

USEFUL POST.I LINKED TO THIS POST.THANK YOU..

16 September, 2008 17:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like to report one case of RP mainfesting spontaneous remission with recovery of peripheral vision over 5 weeks fully documented in Sydney Australia at the Holy Spirit's workshop with doctor and optometrist monitoring progress.

25 November, 2008 09:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colin thank you for telling the world about your blindness and your deafness you are fighting a battle for all of us . I will pray for you and your family

03 April, 2010 16:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home