Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Progress: Cluster Munitions (Prohibition) Bill 2006-07

What is happening with the Cluster Munitions (Prohibition) Bill ? This Parliamentary initiative is one that I take a strong interest in. The Bill has been introduced into the House of Lords by Lord Dubs as a Private Members Bill. He was briefed by Landmine Action. Readers can follow the progress of this Bill on the special Parliament website, using the link here. Australian Senate By the way there is also a similar Bill that was introduced into the Australian Senate by Senator Lyn Allison (Australian Democrat/Victoria) in 2006. Details are here. In writing this post, it has come to my attention that the Australian Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade is inquiring into the Bill. It is due to report by 29 March 2007 and written submissions close in mid February 2007. Details are here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home